Sex Crimes Lawyer
Sex Crimes Defense Requires an Experienced Attorney
From the moment you were detained and arrested every decision that you make can make a difference in how your case develops. If you have been charged, arrested, or are being investigated for a sex crime, you need to contact a defense attorney to get control of your situation. Real life is totally unlike what you see on television. Sex crimes in Georgia are aggressively prosecuted. As your legal representation we will do everything reasonably possible to affect the best possile outcome. The key for every client charged with a sex crime is to hire an experenced sex crimes lawyer as quickly as possible.
After an arrest for a sex crime you should be concerned not only about the present situation, but also about the extreme risk to your safety and life if you are convicted and sent to prison. Anyone facing sex crimes charges has a lot to fear and a lot to lose.
You should take advantage of our CONFIDENTIAL CONSULTATION to discuss your case and learn what we can do to defend you against an aggressive prosecutor. After your initial consultation you will better understand the true severity of your situation, and how important it is to hire an experienced sex crimes defense attorney.
Sex Crimes Sentences in Georgia
A criminal conviction is a lifelong record. If you are convicted of a crime, even a seemingly minor offense, it has far reaching effects, and can cause long lasting personal damage. A criminal record can prevent you from getting a good job, cause loss of certain rights, and make you ineligible for some benefits. A criminal conviction typically includes fines, lengthy community service, and time in a jail or prison. The tales you've heard about jail time or life in prison are probably true. Don't gamble with your future, call us now.
Our law firm has very experienced sex crimes defense lawyers. Our criminal defense experience ranges from representing clients charged with serious felonies to common misdemeanors. We can fight to have charges dismissed, reduced, plea deals, and manage jury trials and non-jury trials. When you work with our law firm you have taken a solid step towards achieving a successful outcome.
Sex Crime Sentences
Prison is no place to be. As your criminal defense attorney, our purpose is to help you avoid conviction and incarceration. Sex crimes in Georgia generally carry very severe consequences. Minor charges typically involve jail time, fines, mandatory counseling, and becoming a registered sex offender. Serious sex crimes involve prison time, fines, mandatory counseling, lengthy probation, and and becoming a registered sex offender. In fact, the most serious sex crimes can result in sentences from 20 years to life in prison.
We do not believe that our purpose is to negotiate a guilty plea, however if this is what you choose to do, we can represent you to seek minimal penalties or alternative sentencing options.
Sex Crimes in Georgia
The following list contains the many sections of Sexual Offenses in the state of Georgia with links to more information on each section.
- § 16-6-1 - Rape
- § 16-6-2 - Sodomy; aggravated sodomy; medical expenses
- § 16-6-3 - Statutory rape
- § 16-6-4 - Child molestation; aggravated child molestation
- § 16-6-5 - Enticing a child for indecent purposes
- § 16-6-5.1 - Sexual assault by persons with supervisory or disciplinary authority; sexual assault by practitioner of psychotherapy against patient; consent not a defense; penalty upon conviction for sexual assault
- § 16-6-6 - Bestiality
- § 16-6-7 - Necrophilia
- § 16-6-8 - Public indecency
- § 16-6-9 - Prostitution
- § 16-6-10 - Keeping a place of prostitution
- § 16-6-11 - Pimping
- § 16-6-12 - Pandering
- § 16-6-13 - Penalties for violating Code Sections 16-6-9 through 16-6-12
- § 16-6-13.1 - Testing for sexually transmitted diseases required
- § 16-6-13.2 - Defined terms; prosecution; forfeiture and seizure of property; in rem action; intervention; court authority; civil proceedings; liberal construction
- § 16-6-13.3 - Proceeds from pimping; forfeiture; distribution
- § 16-6-14 - Pandering by compulsion
- § 16-6-15 - Solicitation of sodomy
- § 16-6-16 - Masturbation for hire
- § 16-6-17 - Giving massages in places used for lewdness, prostitution, assignation, or masturbation for hire
- § 16-6-18 - Fornication
- § 16-6-19 - Adultery
- § 16-6-20 - Bigamy
- § 16-6-21 - Marrying a bigamist
- § 16-6-22 - Incest
- § 16-6-22.1 - Sexual battery
- § 16-6-22.2 - Aggravated sexual battery
- § 16-6-23 - Publication of name or identity of female raped or assaulted with intent to commit rape
- § 16-6-24 - Adoption of ordinances by counties and municipalities which proscribe loitering or related activities
- § 16-6-25 - Harboring, concealing, or withholding information concerning a sexual offender; penalties
Get Legal Help Now
If you are being investigated for, or charged with, any type of sex crime we recommend calling our law office as soon as possible. We understand the urgency of the matter, and respond quickly to all calls and online inquiries to hire a criminal defense lawyer. To get control of your situation CALL 678-880-9360 for a CONFIDENTIAL APPOINTMENT with a sex crimes defense attorney in Cherokee County GA.